Smooth skin is a no.1 key factor to a perfect show tan on your competition day. All professional spray tan companies advise you to start scrubbing 3-4 weeks before your show. Why? With a very smooth skin comes a very even tan.
You can buy a scrub, use exfoliating gloves or a body brush - I have all these tools. However the most effective, affordable and body nourishing scrubbing that I found - making it yourself, where you know it won't contain any harsh chemicals but simple ingredients from your kitchen.
Coffee Scrub Recipe:
- take some leftover coffee paste after you've had your coffee or soak grounded coffee - 3-4 table spoons.
- add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil / olive oil / almond oil
- add 1 tablespoon of sugar or salt
- add 2 drops of your favourite essential oil (not necessary - only i
- mix it all up and scrub away!
I'd advise to take a hot shower prior to scrubbing, so that your skin is warmed up with opened pores. Gently massage the paste into your skin in circular motions and wash it off. It can get a little messy and it's better to do it in your shower/bath. Rinse off the walls and any stained surfaces after.
This recipe works incredible well to remove fake tan patches after your competition too.