It's my birthday tomorrow (2nd September, YAY!), and here are some things that I've learnt so far:
1. Always be nice and friendly to everyone. This world is very small and you never know who they know.
2. Learn how to cook. You'll need to eat for the rest of your life, many times a day. It's an important skill.
3. Only take advice from people who've succeeded in the question you're asking.
4. Only give advice if you've been asked for it.
5. Invest in your skin's health, and not make up.
6. Try to find a funny angle in every trouble you experience. Laugh at yourself too.
7. It's okay to want to look a certain way, your body - your choice.
8. Don't get into arguments about religion, politics or very sensitive topics.
9. Spending a lot of money on a pair of shoes that you'll wear often is worth it.
10. Everyone has something good and something evil in them.
11. Your body will thank you for getting up and going to bed at the same time every day.
12. Smoking and drinking alcohol isn't actually cool.
13. Stay curious and ask questions - every person you meet knows something you don't.
14. Getting a dog was a very good idea.
15. Take many photos - the more time goes by, the more you'll like how you looked.
16. Strong handshake is sexy.
17. Reading enriches you like nothing else, especially the classic literature.
18. Bet on your strengths, rather than focus on improving your weaknesses.
19. Your parents aren't perfect but they always have the best intentions.
20. First impressions matter. Make sure people want to deal with you again.
21. Finishing what you've started kills anxiety.
22. Travelling alone will teach you a lot about yourself.
23. Nearly all women have stretch marks and cellulite.
24. If you encourage people to achieve their goals, they'll think you're the best or the worst.
25. Exercise is vital. Humans are meant to move.
26. Always negotiate.
27. Being honest with yourself is harder than being honest with others.
28. Confidence comes from competence. Know your sh*t and admit when you're clueless.
29. You'll never regret learning something new or going somewhere you've never been.
30. It's okay not to have it all figured out.