Who doesn't love a freebie?! Especially when it benefits your health! Free gym passes can add variety to your fitness routine, inspire you with a change of environment and challenge your body with the new equipment. Plus you can meet new people. You can also persuade your non-fitness friends to work out together, as it's free = no pressure. It's also a great way to try a gym before committing to a long-term contract.
Option 1 - search for your local gyms and give them a call to book you in for a tour. Ask if they can offer a complimentary day pass, so that you can try it out. In my experience, getting a tour of a gym and actually working out there can be a totally different story. Don't feel guilty. Just because you will spend an hour working out for free, you're not messing up with their business. Gyms benefit greatly from people who commit to memberships and hardly ever go.
Option 2 - check out the list of free passes that I've recently discovered. And always bring your ID for the trial just in case.
- British Military Fitness - hardcore outdoor classes to test your limits
- Fitness First - free 3 day membership
- DavidLloyd - free 1 day pass
- Nuffield Health - free 1 day pass
- Anytime Fitness - free 3 day pass
- Xcercise4Less - free 1 day pass
- SimplyGym - free 1 day pass, scroll to the bottom of the page to find it
- OurParks - free outdoor classes
- SweatyBetty - free in-store pilates and yoga classes
- Lululemon - offer free yoga classes among the paid events, keep checking their community page
Option 3 - if you have a strong community of followers on your social media channels, you can approach gyms that don't offer free passes. Say that you will share a photo/video from your workout and tag their gym. It's a win-win situation, as you can get a complimentary session and the gym will get exposure to new potential clients! The same goes for any fitness studios and classes.
Option 4 - if you're travelling to another city in the UK or abroad, spend 30mins on Google and find free local options. You can even check the hotels nearby if yours doesn't have a gym. Some will offer a free pass if you pay for their breakfast or coffee. It's really worth it!
If you know of any other free passes and classes, please leave a comment :)