Having done 6 bikini shows in the last 2 years, I've learnt some things that can help to make your bikini prep easier in advance. Most of competitors simply jump into a new diet/fitness routine, but with a little preparation, you can make this process a little easier.
1. Make your meals more plain prior to your bikini prep - get used to more simple flavours.
2. Socialise a lot before starting the prep, so that you don't feel you're missing out later! If you're a party animal, try to get it out of your system.
3. Connect with people who will be doing your show! Don't be shy to follow them on Social Media and message them.
4. Don't eat certain food until your prep - I've avoided a few vegetables like broccoli and asparagus, so that I'll be more excited to eat it later.
5. Don't overeat right before the prep, as you can gain unwanted body fat and make your prep harder with more weight to lose.
6. Budget in advance, save up and find extra income sources - competing is expensive and you might need extra money later, like an extra photoshoot.
7. Sort out all potential stressful situations in advance, like doing your tax return, shopping for any gifts, paying bills, any medical checks and dental visits, seeing your distant relatives etc.
8. Warn your friends and family that you'll be more distant and need your selfish time for the prep. They need to understand that it won't be personal and you still love them.
9. Find a non-fitness hobby or something unrelated with bikini prep, so that you can take your mind off it and distract yourself from thinking about food.
Suggested reading: First Bikini Competition Guide
Watch my YouTube video about these tips & tricks where I talk in more detail about it: